How to Use the Data Explorer:
1. Select the question you want to examine
- In the first row, click the Select a question drop-down to view all questions. You can type in this box to search through the list.
- For example, type 'marijuana' to show only questions containing that word.
- You can also filter the questions list by selecting a category in the All categories drop-down.
- Select 'Substance Use' to show only questions related to that topic.
- After selecting a question, click Generate Graph to create your custom graph and data table.
2. Additional Options
- You optionally can select a second question in the second row. This will compare the first question to the second one.
- For instance, you can explore how cigarette use varies with grade level.
- You can filter the data by selecting a grade, gender, race/ethnicity, or region in the last row. This will show only data for the selected group(s).
- Please note that Indiana's state regions changed between 2018 and 2020, so regions are not comparable across years.